Friday, June 12, 2015

And we're set alight.

Hello Lovelies!

Last Saturday, I had the amazing privilege of seeing Ed Sheeran live, in person, in 3-D, in all of his talentedness. I will try to convey the amazingness in words, but I am sure that I won't do it justice.

My friend from Quebec, Kara (if you're reading this, hi Kara!), came down the night before so we could go to the concert together.

After driving halfway, getting on the subway, getting on a bus and then getting on the subway again, we finally reached the Air Canada Centre. We got inside, found our seats and began freaking out at how extremely close we were, only to have a security guard come over and tell us that our tickets were frauds. Yeah, we'd accidentally bought fraudulent tickets. You can imagine our horror and panic. But, maybe because the arena is used to this sort of thing, or maybe because we were all so pretty, or maybe because I live in Canada, they let us stay. We had to move about eight seats to the left in a section directly beside the stage. The view wasn't quite as good, but we were all just relieved we weren't going to be kicked out.

And then Ed Sheeran came on the stage and all our worries about tickets went out the window. He was so amazing. With one guitar, two microphones and a loop pedal, he could sound like an entire band. Not only was he an amazing singer and guitar player, but to have the creative instincts to be able to layer and loop and build up all the momentum? That's insane talent right there.

Here's some of the pictures I managed to get throughout the show. I'm really proud of the way they turned out!



Photograph. One of my favourite songs off of the
new album.

I really like this picture.

During Thinking Out Loud, my mummy giggled with
 happiness the whole time.

The lights and smoke made for a really cool effect during
Bloodstream. Bloodstream live was such an incredible
experience. Honestly, there are no words.

The lights during A Team.


He was literally this close at one point. The camera I was using
doesn't have that great of a zoom. 

Leading the crowd in harmonizing during Give Me Love.



He has the voice of angels and unicorns and chocolate
all mixed into one.
The lights at the end of the show.

And here's just a little taste of his incredible voice. Please excuse the girl directly behind me, she sang along for parts of it. :P But seriously. just listen to this; it's amazing. Even if you just listen to the first 30 seconds.


It was an amazing concert. If you ever have the chance to see him live, take it. It will be one of the best nights of your life.

(And as you can see, I've done a bit of blog renovating. I originally put up the boat picture, but then I saw this one and couldn't help myself. It's just so cute!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are so lucky to see Ed Sheeran in concert! I'd love to see him in person. My mom is a huge fan of his music, too, so it would rock big time! ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was amazing! If you ever have the chance to see him, you should. There'd be times when the whole crowd would be silent in awe, just staring at his awesome talent.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Firstly I love the background. It makes everything pop and look optimistic in a way my dark, cynical blog would never be able to pull off.

    Secondly, I have seven screamed words of furious passion. WHY DOESN'T ANY ARTIST COME TO INDIA!

    Anyhow, the pictures look amazingly wonderously great. I don't even know how you managed to get the lighting right and stuff (please excuse my pathetic lack of knowledge on photography). But basically it's incredible.

    --
    Vibha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, thank you! ^^ I quite like it.

      AGH! I can't imagine your frustration!! It seems like India and the Philippines never have artists come visit them! Although I just learned that my favourite artist is coming to Canada, but like fifteen hours away from where I live and that's fairly frustrating. I mean, who comes to play in Thunder Bay instead of Toronto? >:(

      Thanks! I've done a few photography courses so I know my way around a camera a bit. ^^

      Delete