Monday, June 22, 2015

It's a Funny Thing

Hello Lovelies,

You know what's funny? Attraction. Attraction is a funny thing, and most of the time, I don't even really understand it. Why do we become attracted to people? Like, if I were to compare two different people with more or less the same personality traits, why would I be attracted to one and not the other?

And can attraction to the same person come and go? Or if you think it does, is it that you just have denied the attraction, pushed it down, hidden it?

Is attraction medical? Can you boil it down to a chemical reaction? Does it all happen in our brains? Is the whole thing a figment of our imaginations?

And how can you really tell if you're attracted to someone? There's no ruler. It's not like Mary Poppins' measuring tape that says, "Oh look, you're attracted to them".

How do you tell the difference between romantic attraction and friendly attraction? Is there even really a difference? Can you be attracted to someone as a friend and then romantically? Or is it like the first type of attraction is the only thing you'll feel towards them?

It's all so confusing. And I'm so bad at figuring it all out. And then I'll think I've finally figured it out and it'll go and change on. That really stinks, because then I feel all stupid for not being able to figure it out the first time, or second, or fifteenth.

Ah, the joys of being someone who needs to have everything figured out.

Song of the Day



I'm not a Sam Smith fan, but I don't know why not. I don't know much about him, or much of his music, but recently I heard this song and was pretty impressed. I'll have to investigate him a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment