Tuesday, July 28, 2015

You Make Me Wanna Roll My Windows Down and Cruise

Hello Lovelies!

Envy over at Picking up the Pieces recently did a blog post on her favourite songs to listen to while driving. And I thought that was such a brilliant idea that I've decided to do the same. So without further babblement, here's a list of my favourite driving songs!

Just kidding, I just remembered there's something else I was going to say. If you look at the side, underneath my profile picture, I've made myself a button! So if you click on that, you go to my button swap page and you can grab mine, I'll add yours and we'll do a swappy thing. Okay, for real this time, here we go.

Obviously, when on a road trip or any sort of long drive, you want to start off with some pretty awesome upbeat songs.



Somewhere in Neverland - All Time Low
Not only is this one of my favourite driving songs, but it's one of my all time favourites. When the lyrics "Wendy, run away with me" come on, I'm rolling down the windows and letting the wind blow my hair. Perfect road trip song. Perfect song for the beginning of an adventure.

Jet Lag - Simple Plan feat. Natasha Bedingfield 
My favourite thing about this song is the drum beat in the chorus. It feels like it's going twice as fast as the rest of the song. My brother thought the chorus said "my fart is so jet-lagged" and we had to spend a few minutes explaining to him that the word was actually "heart" and that a fart couldn't be jet-lagged.

Ever After - Marianas Trench
Do you ever listen to one of the those songs that just leaves you feeling super satisfied at the end. It starts off slow and builds and you wait in anticipation and then it resolves beautifully? This is one of those songs. It's so beautiful and I love listening to it build in the car as we drive.



Ready to Run - One Direction
Honestly, I feel like this song doesn't even need a explanation. "This time I'm ready to run, escape from the city and follow the sun". Perfect song for a road trip. And the beat is pretty awesome too.

Waiting for Superman - Daughtry
Gosh, I love this song. Again, it's one of those songs that just builds and builds. It's perfect for driving on the emptier roads with the windows down. Definitely recommended for singing loudly and off-key.

And then there's the less upbeat songs that are cool for when you've been in the car for a few hours and are just chilling...



Wild Life - Hedley
I really like the lyrics in this song and the rhyming sequence. And it's so chill and beautiful and really nice for relaxing. My sister Rebecca was actually the one who showed this song to me and it took me months to realize that I liked it.

Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson 
Ahh, a classic. Moment of shame here, I only heard this song like a year and a half ago for the first time *runs and hides under a table*. And it wasn't even the recording! My friend played on it on his guitar and I went home and looked it up. But it's super catchy and chill and I love the minimalistic approach to the instruments. Definitely good for summer driving. Particularly near beaches.



The Last Goodbye - Billy Boyd
Despite the fact this song makes me cry almost every time I hear it, it's actually an incredible driving song. Especially night time driving. Soft, meaningful, beautiful and the perfect type of song to stare out the window all tumblr-y like.

Vienna - Billy Joel
Oldie, but a goldie. I think this one is particularly good for road trip driving. I don't know why, I just do. DON'T QUESTION THE LIST MAKER.

There are so many other songs that I love. I have a playlist of 64 of my favourite songs I listen to in the car. But these are the top songs at the moment.

Oh! And if you look at the side, underneath the profile picture, I've made myself a button! So if you click on that, you can grab mine and I'll add yours and we'll do a swappy thing.

Song of the Day - Celebrity Status by Marianas Trench




It only seems appropriate to a song after a post like this. So here, have an awesome song with a funny music video.





2 comments:

  1. Hehe, the story behind the song "Jet Lag" cracks me up! And OH MY GOSH I LOVE WAITING FOR SUPERMAN. I cried watching the music video. When I first heard this song, I pretty much began to rock out and started dancing... in the library of my school. :P

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE DAUGHTRY!!!! They're like one of my all time favourite bands. Ever. I've loved them since I was like twelve.
      Waiting for Superman is amazing. When I first heard it, I wasn't sure because it was kind of electronic-y, but it's grown on me so much and I love the music video and just, GAHHHH!

      Delete